Fortran

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun May 11 19:15:32 EDT 2014

On Sun, 11 May 2014 14:43:19 -0400, Roy Smith wrote:

> In article <mailman.9891.1399833209.18130.python-list at python.org>,
>  Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Some things are more standardized than others. A piano keyboard is
>> incredibly standard, to make it possible to play without having to look
>> at your fingers (even when jumping your hands around, which doesn't
>> happen as much on a computer keyboard)
>
> Speaking of which, here's a trivia question.  Without looking at your
> keyboard, describe how the "F" and "J" keys (assuming a US-English key
> layout) differ from, say, the "G" and "K" keys.

The F and J keys have "F" and "J" printed on them instead of "G" and "K".
They're also in slightly different positions, offset one position to the
left. Otherwise they are identical, to the limits of my vision and touch.
(I haven't tried measuring them with a micrometer, or doing chemical
analysis of the material they are made of.)

--
Steven D'Aprano
http://import-that.dreamwidth.org/