Error while calling round() from future.builtins

Preethi preethidasa at gmail.com
Sat May 10 07:39:05 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am new to python. I am getting an error "AttributeError: type object 'Decimal' has no attribute 'from_float'" when I run the following in python prompt:

>>> from future.builtins import int, round
>>> int(round(5))
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/future/builtins/backports/newround.py", line 32, in newround
    d = Decimal.from_float(number).quantize(exponent,
AttributeError: type object 'Decimal' has no attribute 'from_float'

I am running this on Centos 6.5 which has python version 2.6.6
This is the output of 'pip freeze':

Django==1.6.4
Mezzanine==3.1.4
Pillow==2.4.0
South==0.8.4
bleach==1.4
django-appconf==0.6
django-compressor==1.3
filebrowser-safe==0.3.3
future==0.9.0
grappelli-safe==0.3.10
html5lib==0.999
iniparse==0.3.1
oauthlib==0.6.1
psycopg2==2.5.2
pycurl==7.19.0
pygpgme==0.1
pytz==2014.2
requests==2.2.1
requests-oauthlib==0.4.0
six==1.6.1
tzlocal==1.0
urlgrabber==3.9.1
yum-metadata-parser==1.1.2

This is the order in which I installed the above packages. (The box initially had python 2.6.6 installed)

yum install gcc python python-setuptools python-devel
yum install libjpeg-turbo-devel
python get-pip.py
pip install -U pip
pip install South django-compressor
pip install mezzanine
yum install postgresql93-server.x86_64
yum install postgresql-devel
sudo pip install psycopg2

What am I missing? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Preethi