Common issue but unable to find common solution (ez_setup.py on PC)

Jurko Gospodnetić jurko.gospodnetic at pke.hr
Wed May 7 12:58:55 EDT 2014

   Hi Jason,

On 7.5.2014. 15:52, Jason Mellone wrote:
> So, is the answer:
>
> 1 - Until the patch is applied there is no answer
>
> or
>
> 2 - I can go in and manually modify the code, and have the ez setup work?

   I see the patch has just been applied to the setuptools development
repo, so the bug will be fixed in the next setuptools release, which
seems imminent, judging from the latest setuptools commits. Related
commits (see them at https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/commits/all)
are on a branch containing the c95540cfeaec64251e78add403513a4f30700319
commit from 2014-04-15.

   But, if you need to fix your problem sooner, you can always do one of
the following:

   1. Not run ez_setup.py if setuptools is already installed and instead
just run 'easy_install -U setuptools' to perform the upgrade. (I think
that avoids the problem at hand, but I don't recall all the details so I
could be mistaken.)
   2. Manually remove setuptools before running ez_setup.py (either by
removing the setuptools egg from your site-packages folder or perhaps by
running 'pip uninstall setuptools').
   3. Checkout the development version of setuptools and install from
there or prepare your own private setuptools package based on the
current development tip.

   So you should be able to get your scenario to work, whatever it is.

   Hope this helps.

   Best regards,
     Jurko Gospodnetić

P.S.
   I guess you're using google groups. I really hate the double spacing
that leaves in your quotes and thus makes me scroll a lot and waste a
lot of time trying to parse your message. Please try to use a different
newsgroup client, e.g. Thunderbird. Many thanks.