Common issue but unable to find common solution (ez_setup.py on PC)

Jurko Gospodnetić jurko.gospodnetic at pke.hr
Wed May 7 09:44:14 EDT 2014

   Hi.

On 7.5.2014. 13:55, Jason Mellone wrote:
> By way of google I realize I am having what appears to be
> a pretty common issue install ez_setup.py on a PC (Windows XP, Python27).
>
> I receive an error message that looks like the following:
>
> Installing easy_install-2.7.exe.manifest script to C:\Python27\Scripts
>
>[...snipped a long traceback...]
>       return self.loader.get_data(path)
>   zipimport.ZipImportError: bad local file header in c:\python27\lib\site-packages
>   \setuptools-3.5.1-py2.7.egg
>   Something went wrong during the installation.
>   See the error message above.

   You can run into this when attempting to upgrade an existing
setuptools installation packaged as a zipped egg (due to some old
zipimporter caches not getting cleaned up correctly).

> Is there a common solution for this issue?

   It has already been reported and a patch has been prepared. See the
following:

   https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/issue/168
   https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/pull-request/48

   But the patch is still waiting on the maintainer to apply it.

   Hope this helps.

   Best regards,
     Jurko Gospodnetić