Add "Received:" header to email msg in correct position?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue May 6 14:16:33 EDT 2014

On 5/5/2014 4:58 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2014-05-05, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:

>> I don't know that it matters, but which Python version?

I usually does these days.

> Sorry, should have mentioned it: 2.7.5

email has been improved with successive 3.x versions.
https://docs.python.org/3/library/email.html#package-history

There might be an email5 backport for 2.7 on pypi.

If the prepend requirement is covered by

"The email package is a library for managing email messages, including
MIME and other RFC 2822-based message documents. It is specifically not
designed to do any sending of email messages to SMTP (RFC 2821), NNTP,
or other servers; those are functions of modules such as smtplib and
nntplib. The email package attempts to be as RFC-compliant as possible,
supporting in addition to RFC 2822, such MIME-related RFCs as RFC 2045,
RFC 2046, RFC 2047, and RFC 2231."

and the current 3.4/5 version does not prepend and there is no existing
tracker issue, then a new issue would seem to be appropriate.

--
Terry Jan Reedy