Add "Received:" header to email msg in correct position?

alister alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com
Tue May 6 05:15:05 EDT 2014

On Mon, 05 May 2014 19:51:15 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:

> I'm working on a Python app that receives an e-mail message via SMTP,
> does some trivial processing on it, and forwards it to another SMTP
> server.
>
> I'd like to do the polite thing and add a "Received:" header, but I
> can't figure out how to get Python's email module to add it in the
> correct place.  It always ends up at the "bottom" of the headers below
> From: To: etc.  It's supposed to go at the above all the Received:
> headers that where there when I received it.

Is this required or just being polite?
what I mean is does the standard state the headers must be in a
particular order or can they appear anywhere, you may be spending time
trying to resolve an issue that does not need fixing.

--
BTW: I have a better name for the software .... Microsoft Internet
Exploder.