socket client and server in one application?

chris at freeranger.com chris at freeranger.com
Mon May 5 18:37:55 EDT 2014

Thanks to Marko, Chin, Grant.

There's a lot to study, asincio, urllib, threads, select/poll.

I'm using a dispatch method to receive and occasionally send data through a serial port on a Raspberry Pi.  I think the dispatch method is essentially a threaded approach, right?

Now to receive serial data and send via socket, then occasionally receive some socket based input and send out on the same serial port.  It's combining the client and server socket code into a single app (so I can have a single connection to the serial port) that has me confused.  I don't see any discussion of that anywhere.

Thanks so much,
Chris.