[Call for Paper - SCOPUS/ISI THOMSON] ICESTI 2014, September 10-13, 2014, Kuta Bali - Indonesia

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sat May 3 13:23:01 EDT 2014

On Sat, 03 May 2014 15:50:40 +0000, Denis McMahon wrote:

> On Sat, 03 May 2014 06:51:02 -0700, icesti2014editor wrote:
>
>> sharing best practice in the field of Engineering, Science, and
>> Technology towards sustainable development.
>
>> The first event of this conference series (ICESTI 2014) will be held in
>> Bali, Indonesia
>
> Let's all fly to Bali in the name of sustainability and preserving the
> planet, and damn the CO2 created by doing so.

Pennywise and pound-foolish perhaps? If spending a few thousand tonnes of
CO2 enables the saving of a few million tonnes, I think that would be
well worth it.

Of course, Bali happens to be one of the premier holiday destinations in
the world. Presumably that's completely a coincidence...

--
Steven D'Aprano
http://import-that.dreamwidth.org/