Unicode 7

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri May 2 22:19:55 EDT 2014

On 5/2/2014 9:15 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:

> (My reading of PEP 3131 is that NFKC is used; is that what's
> implemented, or was that a temporary measure and/or something for Py2
> to consider?)

The 3.4 docs say "The syntax of identifiers in Python is based on the
Unicode standard annex UAX-31, with elaboration and changes as defined
below; see also PEP 3131 for further details."
"All identifiers are converted into the normal form NFKC while parsing;
comparison of identifiers is based on NFKC."

Without reading UAX-31, I don't know how much was changed, but I suspect
not much. In any case, the current rules are intended and very unlikely
to change as that would break code going either forward or back for
little purpose.

--
Terry Jan Reedy