Slightly OT - using PyUIC from Eclipse

Steve Simmons square.steve at gmail.com
Thu May 1 15:18:02 EDT 2014

On 01/05/2014 02:50, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Thu, 01 May 2014 01:49:25 +0100, Steve Simmons wrote:

>>    <head>
>>    </head>
>>        wrote:<br>
>> cite="mid:CANXBEFrqndqCeT-9Hgqz7jRCZcmp8nz4VE+ebf-BKsYr54qQqQ
>> @mail.gmail.com"
>>        type="cite">
> And that's about where I stopped reading.
>
> I'm sorry Steve, but you're writing to a programmer's forum here, and you
> should be sending in plain text, not so-called "rich text" (actually HTML
> code, as you can see). At the very least, if you absolutely must send
> HTML code, you should instruct your mail program to also send plain text.
>
> People are reading this via Usenet and email and possibly using other
> ways as well. Depending on how they are receiving your post, sending HTML
> may be considered rude and a breach of etiquette (e.g. text-based news
> groups typically ban binary attachments, including HTML), or their client
> may not support HTML, or they may simply choose not to receive or read
> such posts. (Pure HTML is one of the most reliable signs of spam email.)
>
> So I'm afraid that I have no idea what you were trying to say in your
> post. Manually deciphering the message from the markup was too painful.
> I'm not likely to be the only one. If you would care to try again using
> plain text, you may get a better response rate.

Mea Culpa.

Ironic really, the post was to thank Fabio for resolving my problem
(posted correctly in plain text) and saying that I was too tired to make
the required fix.  Obviously too tired to hit 'plain text' instead of
'RTF' in my mail format drop-down too.

Anyways, a plain text "Thank you" to Fabio for fixing my issue; a "Thank
you" to Mark Harris for putting my encoded text through the
transmogrifier and an apology to the rest of the list members.

Steve