Code style query: multiple assignments in if/elif tree

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 18:50:36 EDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Ned Batchelder <ned at nedbatchelder.com> wrote:

>> Incidentally, if you want to see the code in context, it's here:
>>
>> https://github.com/Rosuav/runningtime/blob/master/runningtime.py
>>
>> ChrisA
>

> I know you didn't ask about these aspects, but they jumped out at me: tabs
> for indentation instead of spaces, and docstring-style comments in places
> that aren't docstrings.  These seem like unusual choices.

Tabs instead of spaces? They're plenty common enough, but I am *not*
getting into that debate now. The file's perfectly consistent - aside
from inside strings, all indentation is done with tabs, one per level.

How do you go about doing multi-line comments? I know I've seen other
code using triple-quoted strings for long comments before.

ChrisA