Explanation of this Python language feature? [x for x in x for x in x] (to flatten a nested list)

Rhodri James rhodri at wildebst.org.uk
Mon Mar 31 16:46:21 EDT 2014

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 07:08:24 +0100, Mark H Harris <harrismh777 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> In 1991, there was no wireless, no mobile computing, hardly any public
>> Internet outside of the universities. It was before the Eternal
>> September, and only a few years after the Great Renaming.
>
>    I was using arpanet since the late 1970s.

I was using JANet since the early 80s, and I'm by no means the oldest
person here.  I should stop playing that card if I were you.

>>>  I didn't really start using unicode
>>> until about 5 years ago; python has only really used it since python3.
>>> right?
>>  No. Python 2.2 introduced Unicode.
>  I didn't ask when it was introduced, I asked when it became useful?

No you didn't.  You even quoted yourself as not saying it, just in
case you weren't clear about that.

And since you're so experienced, you should recognise this sound:

*plonk*