OFF TOPIC Spanish in the USA [was Re: Explanation of this Python language feature?]

Mark H Harris harrismh777 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 00:57:43 EDT 2014

On 3/30/14 5:35 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> Approximately 5% of the US population either do not speak English at all,
> or speak it poorly. That includes approximately half a million ASL
> speakers (American Sign Language, which is not a manual representation of
> English but an independent language in it's own right), the majority of
> whom are unable to speak or understand spoken English.

Steven, you have trolled us over to the left edge of outer left field
all the way back at the fence, dude, seriously--- and then you dropped
the ball. Geeeze... error.

My point at the beginning was that we need a universal unicode input
device. Its time to think past US_104 and en_US.  Come in out of left field.

As long as I'm passing along my dreams to everyone, we also need a
universal translator on the uptake. In other words, everyone inputs from
a universal encoder, and every browser has the option of on-demand
translation (or not). Its a little like google translate, but on-demand,
and its standard, and it works everywhere with every language.

Everyone keys input in their own heart language (first, primary
language) and then the internet browser allows for display of first
language (if the coding is the same) and translates if the coding is
different (all configurable of course). Yes, the apps are in the cloud.

What say you?  We all type in our own language, and everyone else gets
to read it in their own language. Its kinda like the day of Pentecost
(except that its print instead of audio).

marcus