Keyboard standards

Larry Hudson orgnut at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 30 02:53:46 EDT 2014

On 03/29/2014 12:41 PM, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On 03/29/2014 01:27 PM, Larry Hudson wrote:
>> On 03/28/2014 09:26 PM, Mark H Harris wrote:
>>>
>>> PS   Thunderbird puts *both* the list and the news group addys in the to: header field on
>>> reply-to-list.   ~nice, huh.
>>
>> Must be the way YOU set it up.  MY Thunderbird (currently version 24.4.0 on Mint Linux 16)
>> doesn't do any such thing.  Besides, "Reply" sends private e-mail to the poster -- "Followup"
>> sends to the newsgroup.
>
> No, Mark describes the standard way Thunderbird works.  Reply-to-List
> does what he says it does. Not sure why your installation works
> differently.  I guess maybe you are talking about something different.
> The mailing list vs the NNTP list.

You're right -- I use the NNTP list only.  I've never looked at the Python mailing list.  The
very few mailing lists I subscribe to, I only read--never reply to.  Come to think of it,
currently there's only one, and I rarely do more than skim it briefly--and frequently not even
that.  I should drop it altogether, just haven't bothered to do so.

      -=- Larry -=-