checking if two things do not equal None

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Mar 30 02:52:07 EDT 2014

> The problem isn't that I can't see what the comparisons are. It makes
> very good sense to bound a variable within constants; but you already
> know exactly where 2 is on the number line, so asking "Is 2 between
> these two variables" seems a bit odd. Maybe it's less so with the
> strong mathematical background, but it seems odd to me.

I don't feel odd about asking the question “Is 2 between these two
values?”. It's straightforward and concise. Can you explain better why
you find it odd?

--
 \     “You are welcome to visit the cemetery where famous Russian and |
  `\    Soviet composers, artists, and writers are buried daily except |