Keyboard standards

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sat Mar 29 12:03:11 EDT 2014

On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 00:40:43 -0500, Mark H Harris wrote:

>> When I first met Windows keys, I just popped 'em off and left a gap.
>> Worked fine.
>
> ha!   see.. it popped you off too!   :-))  I found it arrogant to the
> max to place their stupid logo on (my) keyboard.

My keyboard has IBM's logo on it. My keyboard at work has Dell's logo on
it. In the cupboard, I have a Mac with Apple's logo on it. Do you have a
problem with that?

> What if every company
> out there wanted "their" own keytop too?  geeze

They're welcome to try. Without support from the operating system, what
good do you think it will do?

Apple used to have an Apple key. Later they changed it to ⌘ (Command),
but everyone knows that ⌘ is only available on Apple keyboards.

--
Steven D'Aprano
http://import-that.dreamwidth.org/