CentOS 6.5 / SPEC file

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 17:45:29 EDT 2014

On 03/27/2014 03:26 PM, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On 03/27/2014 02:02 PM, Devin wrote:
>> RPM build errors:
>> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.yqWO6C (%install)
>>     line 71: buildprereq is deprecated: BuildPrereq: expat-devel
>>     line 72: buildprereq is deprecated: BuildPrereq: db4-devel
>>     line 73: buildprereq is deprecated: BuildPrereq: gdbm-devel
>>     line 74: buildprereq is deprecated: BuildPrereq: sqlite-devel
>>     line 91: prereq is deprecated: Prereq: python2.6 = %{PACKAGE_VERSION}
>>     line 122: prereq is deprecated: Prereq: python2.6 =
>> %{PACKAGE_VERSION}-1pydotorg
>>     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.yqWO6C (%install)
>>
>> It seems to give me this error regardless of what version of Python I am
>> trying. Is there a good website that contains maybe a more correct version
>> of the SPEC file for CentOS 6.x? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Try changing BuildPrereq to BuildRequires.
>
> Also what I'd do is grab a SRPM for python3 from, say Fedora 18 or 19,
> and drop in the newer tarball and see how it goes.

I should add, that the only correct way to package Python 3 on RHEL 6 is
by making the package called "python3" or something that won't collide
with the system Python 2.x package.  Python (2.x) is a required package
on RHEL and if you replace it with Python 3 you'll see just about
everything cease to function.