Explanation of this Python language feature? [x for x in x for x in x] (to flatten a nested list)

Mark H Harris harrismh777 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 11:44:49 EDT 2014

On 3/26/14 1:35 AM, alex23 wrote:
> On 25/03/2014 12:39 PM, Mark H Harris wrote:
>> my version semantically is "how it is perceived" by the user
>
> Could you please stop claiming to have insight into the comprehension of
> anyone other than yourself? Hasty generalisations don't help your argument.

hi alex23,  please don't be silly.

Who is being hasty?  How do you know its a generalization?

My comments here are not in the least hasty, nor are they
generalizations. They are based on long years of experience with
"normal" users, personal programming experience for almost 40 years, and
insight into student perception from reader comment forms, evaluations,
personal discussions. (sometimes from this list mind you)

It is *always* pertinent to ask, "how will this be perceived by the
user," ehem, going all the why back to Immanuel Kant who was the first
person (philosopher) to suggest that perception is reality.

Frankly, most of the time when I "claim" to have comprehension from
someone other than myself its coming up with the answer to that stellar
question (often in context with community discussion). This all amounts
to a value add (intelligence) for community, and for comp sci.

Thinking out-loud about community perception is always valid.

marcus