Time we switched to unicode?

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Tue Mar 25 04:05:04 EDT 2014

Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>:

> That's good! (Although typing Π quicker than pi is majorly pushing it.

It don't think that's good. The lower-case letter π should be used. The
upper-case letter is used for a product, although unicode dedicates a
separate character for the purpose: ∏.

I often see Americans, especially, confuse upper and lower-case letters
in symbols ("KM" for "km", "L" for "l" etc). However, we are dealing
with case-sensitive programming languages, so our eyes should have been
trained to address meaning to upper and lower case.

Marko