Time we switched to unicode? (was Explanation of this Python language feature?)

Mark H Harris harrismh777 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 01:34:40 EDT 2014

On 3/25/14 12:27 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
>>     my pdeclib constants extension will have alternate spellings for Π and Γ
>> and Δ and others...
>
> That's good! (Although typing Π quicker than pi is majorly pushing it.

Well, I'll tell ya, its exactly the same--- two key-strokes, believe it
or not.

Because the character selector is up on the gui (for me, far left) and
the two strokes are {mouse click the Π } and {mouse click the insert};
rather than {p} {i} .  There is of course a brief time-lag because my
right hand has to move the pointing device and my hand is off the
keyboard momentarily --  that is not a problem though, on my track pad
notebook.

marcus

PS Is it   Tuesday 04:35 pm there?  Its Tuesday way AM here; 00:35am