Memory error

Gary Herron gary.herron at islandtraining.com
Mon Mar 24 16:37:23 EDT 2014

On 03/24/2014 04:32 AM, Jamie Mitchell wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm afraid I am new to all this so bear with me...
>
> I am looking to find the statistical significance between two large netCDF data sets.
>
> Firstly I've loaded the two files into python:
>
> swh=netCDF4.Dataset('/data/cr1/jmitchel/Q0/swh/controlperiod/averages/swh_control_concat.nc', 'r')
>
> swh_2050s=netCDF4.Dataset('/data/cr1/jmitchel/Q0/swh/2050s/averages/swh_2050s_concat.nc', 'r')
>
> I have then isolated the variables I want to perform the pearson correlation on:
>
> hs=swh.variables['hs']
>
> hs_2050s=swh_2050s.variables['hs']

This is not really a Python question.  It's a question about netCDF
(whatever that may be), or perhaps it's interface to Python python-netCD4.

You may get an answer here, but you are far more likely to get one
quickly and accurately from a forum dedicated to netCDF, or python-netCD.

Good luck.

Gary Herron