Question about Source Control

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 18:56:02 EDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 1:58 AM, Albert-Jan Roskam <fomcl at yahoo.com> wrote:
> One more thing (so this is not entirely a double post!). While reading these books I found that the authors were pretty religious about Clean Commits. I mean, ok, it's not a good idea to do one huge monolithic commit each month, but I felt they were exaggerating. But maybe I'm wrong and clean commits become more important when the number of collaborators get bigger. It's just so easy to fix something, and e.g. correct that typo in a docstring while you're at it.

It's important even with a single editor. When you go back and look at
a commit, you should be able to read the summary and know immediately
whether a particular line in it should have been edited or not.
Combining changes into a single commit makes that harder.

Commits are cheap. Do more of 'em rather than less.

ChrisA