Python MSI not installing, log file showing name of a Viatnemese communist revolutionary

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Mar 22 01:24:33 EDT 2014

On 3/22/2014 12:30 AM, Mark H Harris wrote:
>> It compounds. One reply makes for double spacing... two makes
>> quadruple, three means we have seven wasted lines between every pair
>> of real lines. That gets pretty annoying. And considering that most
>> people who reply without cleaning up the lines also keep the entire
>> quoted text (and usually top-post as well), this gets big fast.

Before Mark started asking people adjust to the foibles of gg, we used
to get such posts. I refused to read them. I have not seen one lately,
say maybe his nudging has had some positive effect.

>     Yes, I can see that readily/  I get it, it just seems that fixing it
> at the source (gg) is the answer;

I completely agree. However, Google seems immune to suggestions,
including requests that it try to stop being a major source of spam posts.

 > because there will always be someone
> new to the list who is using gg because its part of their suite and
> because its convenient (I mean, that's why I tried to use it).

If I were in charge of the software used for this list, I would replace
Mark with a custom addition to return mis-formated posts (more blank
lines than not) with instructions on how to fix them. But I am not.

--
Terry Jan Reedy