Python MSI not installing, log file showing name of a Viatnemese communist revolutionary

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 18:42:56 EDT 2014

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 9:34 AM, cool-RR <ram.rachum at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did download from python.org. I checked the md5, it was incorrect, then I downloaded again by using a proxy in Austria. (Which hopefully the communists haven't be able to infiltrate? ;)

I think you should follow the internet version of Hanlon's Razor here:
Damaged transmission before deliberate tampering. :) It's far more
likely something simply got misdownloaded, and your guess about
timezones is the most likely one - the Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh timezone [1],
and I believe Python Windows installers include a full zoneinfo
database.

ChrisA

[1] See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ho_Chi_Minh_City