running python 2 vs 3

Mark H Harris harrismh777 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 15:36:32 EDT 2014

On 3/20/14 12:47 PM, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> I've seen it done, but at least in those Python 2 days the pyc format
> changed between minor releases of Python, so Python itself had to be
> shipped with the pyc files.

hi Marko, yeah, I have not done this; being that the concept is contrary
to my principles and sensibilities these days. So,

   1) no intellectual property
   2) no software idea patents
   3) no obfuscated code
   4) ship the source, or don't ship anything/

In my view coding (and all other aspects of computer science including
software engineering) is a liberal art; it should be open, free (libre),
and available to everyone. People learn best by doing, and the do best
by reading what others have done before them.

marcus