Deep vs. shallow copy?

Wayne Brehaut wbrehaut at mcsnet.ca
Wed Mar 12 15:06:38 EDT 2014

On 12 Mar 2014 15:29:59 GMT, Alex van der Spek <zdoor at xs4all.nl>
wrote:

>On Wed, 12 Mar 2014 10:00:09 -0500, Zachary Ware wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 9:25 AM, Alex van der Spek <zdoor at xs4all.nl>
>> wrote:

>Having been taught programming in Algol60 Python still defeats me at times!
>Particularly since Algol60 wasn't very long lived and what came
>thereafter (FORTRAN) much worse.

Actually, Algol 60 lived on (and lives on, though not so much used now
outside of Scandinavia) in an improved and OOP-extended form in Simula
67 (now just Simula). Most implementations excpt that for DEC-System10
were, however, overpriced and poorly marketed, so we had to wait for
C++ (improved and OOP-extended C) for OOP to catch on.