Windows installation problem with 3.3.5

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Mon Mar 10 04:40:01 EDT 2014

On 10/03/2014 03:16, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> It looks as if the upgrade from 3.3.4 to 3.3.5 has stolen my copies of
> py.exe and pyw.exe from c:\windows.  Before I raise an issue on the bug
> tracker could someone please confirm this, as it wouldn't be the first
> time I've managed to screw something up.

<random ill-educated guesswork>
One thing does occur to me: I seem to remember that you have in the past
installed py[w].exe from Vinay's standalone installer. If that was the
case, it's presumably possible that some mechanism of the Python 3.3.5
.msi removed them and didn't replace them with its own versions?
</random ill-educated guesswork>

TJG