golang OO removal, benefits. over python?

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Mon Mar 10 04:38:58 EDT 2014

Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly at gmail.com>:

> The description of how Go structs work is accurate from what I know of
> it, but I think the author goes astray in claiming that this is not
> OOP.

Call it "no-nonsense OOP." No wonder the color of the box was gray in
the example.

> On the whole though I think that the language is not yet mature enough
> to be able to seriously compete with more established languages like
> Python or Java.

Also, is there anything seriously lacking in Python, Java and C?

I was very interested in Go when it came out, but was turned off by the
fact that you had so have a Google account to effectively participate in
the community.

Marko