Python programming

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Mar 6 09:52:26 EST 2014

On 2014-03-06, Tim Chase <python.list at tim.thechases.com> wrote:
> On 2014-03-06 06:17, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>> On Wed, 05 Mar 2014 20:19:56 -0800, Beowulf wrote:
>>
>> > Once you master one language it is easy to understand other.
>>
>> Depends on the languages. Learning Forth doesn't make it easier to
>> learn Perl. Learning Pascal doesn't make Smalltalk easier.
>
> And despite having a couple dozen languages worth of (varying levels
> of) experience under my belt, Prolog still feels to me like
> programming by epiphany.

Back when I was in school, Lisp and Prolog were the hardest to grok. I
eventually "got" Lisp (well, I actually "got" Scheme, and I think I
could now "get" Lisp if I tried).  Prolog is definitely the odd one of
the dozen or two languages I've learned -- and I even wrote a small
expert system in Prolog as a project for a software engineering class.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I think my career
                                  at               is ruined!