NameError: name 'pyver' is not defined

שולמית מירל shulamitmi3 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 01:53:46 EST 2014

Hello,

We have python 2.6 & 3.2 installed on Sun solaris.
When running py utility, we get the below error:

"NameError: global name 'execfile' is not defined"

> p4convert-cvs.py
EXCEPTION: [Errno 17] File exists: './LOGS'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "p4convert-cvs.py", line 134, in <module>
    cvstop4lib.readconfig(configfile=args.config)
  File "/bzqchome/bzq/ccbzq/mb_ccbzq/Perforce/p4convert/cvstop4lib.py", line 61, in readconfig
    execfile(configfile,globals()) # read in the config file - must be valid Python, evaluated in the context of this file
NameError: global name 'execfile' is not defined

How to solve this problem?

Thank you!