Reference

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Mar 5 20:05:18 EST 2014

Marko Rauhamaa <marko at pacujo.net> writes:

> Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au>:
>
> > Then this does not count as a leaky abstraction. All you're saying is
> > that the ‘id(foo)’ result is a representation of the object identity,
> > which is entirely at the level of the abstraction. Nothing is leaked.
>
> I wasn't making a point about a leaky abstraction.

Can we conclude that you've changed your position on this, then? You now
accept that Python's object identity abstraction is not leaky?

In the absence of you demonstrating a leak in that abstraction, we can
ignore the assertion.

--
 \     “For myself, I am an optimist — it does not seem to be much use |
  `\              being anything else.” —Winston Churchill, 1954-11-09 |