script uses up all memory

Larry Martell larry.martell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 19:20:13 EST 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Larry Martell <larry.martell at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have a script that forks off other processes and attempts to manage
>> them. Here is a stripped down version of the script:
>>
>>         self.sleepTime = 300
>
> That's not a stand-alone script.

No, that is just the part that does the work (inside the 'while
true'). I'll try and post a standalone script tomorrow.

> What environment is it running in?

CentOS 6,4

> Can you reproduce the problem outside of that environment?

I will try that tomorrow.

> Also: Can you simply use multiprocessing rather than going through all
> the effort of subprocess.Popen?

Perhaps. I didn't write this. A client gave it to me and said 'figure
out why it uses up all the memory and hangs.' I've messed around with
for days and cannot see anything that would consume so much memory.