How to create an instance of a python class from C++

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Mar 5 17:21:03 EST 2014

On Wednesday 05 March 2014 17:09:53 Grant Edwards did opine:

> >> Because it was the first binary computer that did calculations with
> >> electronic switching elements (gates), and it would be really cool to
> >> have one! The ABC also pioneered the use of capciators as
> >> regenerative storage elements (it's how DRAM still works today).
> >>
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atanasoff%E2%80%93Berry_Computer
> >>
> >> It predated ENIAC, and it's clear that some of the features of ENIAC
> >> were inspired by the ABC after John Mauchly visited Iowa State and
> >> saw the ABC.
> >
> > But it was not programmable
>
> True.  It had only one program that was hard-wired into it when it was
> built as opposed to the external patch-cords and switches that were
> used on machines like Colossus and ENIAC to alter the wiring.
>
> > the first programmable electronic computer was 'Colossus' which was
> > developed during WWII but remained classified by the UK govt for many
> > years afterwards
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossus_computer

What machine was it that had about 12,000 12AU7 vacuum tubes in it for
logic?  They had one of those, adapted to read the output of a bed of
photocells installed in a Harris sheet fed press on the SUI campus in the
later 1950's.  I saw it running once, grading the test score sheets from
the Iowa Tests that were being used in lieu of the high price per seat S-B
IQ test in the Iowa schools.  It was IIRC a somewhat difficult test when
they threw it at me in the 7th grade a decade earlier, they claimed the
test score were interchangeable with the S-B scores, but I somehow managed
a 147 on it at the time.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

NOTICE: Will pay 100 USD for an HP-4815A defective but
complete probe assembly.