Reference

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Wed Mar 5 15:31:27 EST 2014

On 2014-03-05, Marko Rauhamaa <marko at pacujo.net> wrote:

> Set theory obeys the so-called extensionality principle: if two
> objects are indistinguishable in every way, they are one and the same
> object. Fermions in particle physics are the same way: if two
> fermions' quantum states coincide, they are one and the same
> particle.
>
> Now, that's not true for Pythons "bosonic" objects. You can have two
> objects that are identical except they are not the same.

Wrong.  If the two objects are not the same, then they will have
different ID values.  If the ID values are the same, then you've only
got one object.

Two different objects are always distinguishable in Python because
they will always have different ID values.

> There are (at least) two ways to break the circularity between "is" and
> "same-objectness:"

I'm sorry, what problem are you trying to solve?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm definitely not
                                  at               in Omaha!