Reference

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 01:33:58 EST 2014

On Wednesday, March 5, 2014 11:53:21 AM UTC+5:30, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> Rustom Mody :

> > * ... which summarizes my objection in this thread: Python's 'is'
> > leaks the machine abstraction. 'id' does it legitimately (somewhat),
> > 'is' does it illegitimately

> I agree that the Python data model can be exceedingly challenging to a
> beginner. However, I wouldn't throw the baby away with the bathwater,
> but look for ingenious ways to teach it.

I'm curious how you understand my position on this
You hear me as saying 'is' should go??

No I am not saying that

All I am saying is that 'is' should have (be!) a name that is not
philosophically grandiloquent bullshit but rather a name that more
accurately conveys 'machine-representation-equivalence'