python decimal library dmath.py v0.3 released

Mark H. Harris harrismh777 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 21:28:30 EST 2014

On Tuesday, March 4, 2014 3:35:48 PM UTC-6, Stefan Krah wrote:

> http://www.bytereef.org/mpdecimal/quickstart.html#factorial-in-pure-python

> Be sure to set MAX_EMAX and MIN_EMIN, that's missing in the example.

> http://www.bytereef.org/mpdecimal/benchmarks.html#arbitrary-precision-libraries
> Stefan Krah

hi Stefan!

   Good to hear from you, sir. My hat is off to you for sure,
and thank you very kindly for your good work on the
decimal.Decimal code;  ~very nice!   {hands clapping}

   Thanks for the input above, will read.

   Stay in touch. I have an expansion of my decimal idea for
python (stay tuned on python-ideas) which I think will be
for the better, if we can convince wide adoption; could be
an up-hill climb, but who knows.

   Its been good to meet you in the code, and now a true
pleasure to meet you on-line as well. Hope to see you sometime
at a python convention perhaps.

Best regards,

Mark H Harris