Geezer learns python

notbob notbob at nothome.com
Tue Mar 4 18:03:13 EST 2014

I'm trying to learn python.  I'm doing it via Zed Shaw's Learn Python
the Hard Way.  Sure enough, 16 lessons in and I've run aground.  Is it
OK for a painfully stupid ol' fart to ask painfully stupid noob
questions, here?  I'm a long time usenet fan and prefer it to irc.

I've run Slackware for many yrs and know jes enough bash to get the
drift of a slack script, but am no programmer, not by any stretch of
the imagination.  I really wanna succeed on this one and have signed
up for an online python class from Rice U.  I'd like to finish Zed's
tutorial by the 24th of this month.  I'm retired, so have the time to
burn.  Thnx.  ;)

nb