python decimal library dmath.py v0.3 released

Mark H. Harris harrismh777 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 20:42:16 EST 2014

On Monday, March 3, 2014 4:44:27 PM UTC-6, Wolfgang Maier wrote:

> decimal can handle BIGNUMS fairly well, you just need to increase context Emax. Have you ever tried to calculate stuff with ints as big as MAX_EMAX (10**999999999999999999) or even close to it and still had a responsive system ??

hi Wolfgang,  yes correct you are...  I've been playing with it; very
interesting. I think I've almost got my arms around these things.
If I don't get it right in my head, then my library is gonna suck. Still
looking, but I think I may have one or two more funcs that have a
similar problem to epx(). I've decided to go through them one by
one while I'm testing and make sure that they are as efficient as I can
make them.  Thanks again for your inputs.

marcus