pip and distutils2-1.0a4

Mark H. Harris harrismh777 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 20:22:33 EST 2014

On Monday, March 3, 2014 4:11:44 PM UTC-6, Robert Kern wrote:

>    http://docs.python.org/3/distutils/index.html

> Robert Kern

hi Robert,  I'm not whining --really-- but there is so dang much
doc out there on how to upload a package to PyPI with every tool
under the sun and all of them fancier than they need to be. So,
that you!  That doc file led me to another doc file that showed me
how to build the setup.py file line by line.
The real trick is building the src tree (and there are more than several
ways to do that) and then matching the setup.py script to the src
tree:  then,
python3 setup.py register
python3 setup.py sdist upload
python3 setup.py upload

whew...  I never worked so hard to get one silly tarball on a repository
in my life ever...  very rewarding;  but, and I genuinely mean this, thank
you for pointing me in the correct direction, sir.

marcus