how to get bytes from bytearray without copying

Juraj Ivančić juraj.ivancic at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 03:15:00 EST 2014

On 3.3.2014. 1:44, Cameron Simpson wrote:

>> ValueError: cannot hash writable memoryview object
>
> Have you considered subclassing memoryview and giving the subclass
> a __hash__ method?

I have, and then, when I failed to subclass it, I considered doing
aggregation, and make it behave byte-like. But how to implement the
overridden __hash__ method? It will still require at least *some*
redundant copying. And there is the slicing thing... the whole idea
started to feel like I was performing tonsillectomy through the anal cavity.