extend methods of decimal module

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Sat Mar 1 01:55:07 EST 2014

Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:

> On 2/27/2014 7:07 AM, Mark H. Harris wrote:
>
>> Oh, and one more thing... whoever is doing the work on IDLE these
>> days, nice job!   It is stable, reliable, and just works/
>> appreciate it!
>
> As one of 'them', thank you for the feedback. There are still some
> bugs, but I hit them seldom enough that I am now looking at
> enhancement issues.

I recently watched a presentation by Jessica McKellar of PSF about what
Python needs to stay popular. Other than the obvious bits (difficulties
or limited support of Python on major platforms like Windows and mobile)
the slight lack of perfection in IDLE was mentioned. Specifically the
old blog post titled "The Things I Hate About IDLE That I Wish Someone
Would Fix" at
http://inventwithpython.com/blog/2011/11/29/the-things-i-hate-about-idle-that-i-wish-someone-would-fix/

It lists 17 issues and some more in the comments. Are those things
something that could be considered? Or have maybe been done already? I'm
not an IDLE user so this is mostly an academic interest on my part.