What can Nuitka do?

Gisle Vanem gvanem at yahoo.no
Sat Jun 28 06:39:27 EDT 2014

"Chris Angelico" <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> The only other time I've been waiting for X display was when I was
> mobile, on a 3G connection, and using X11 forwarding on an SSH link
> back to my home LAN.

Doing X11 calls over a network could really be a nuisance for others. And
an archaic design IMHO.

I remember approx. 10 years ago a neighboring dept. at my work effectively
killed our 10 MB/s Ethernet segment with such traffic (due to a misconfigured
switch/router?). Running an ethernet analyzer showed a single X11 host-server
session occupied ~80% bandwidth.  AFAICR, it was a Sun workstation.
A real PITA.

--gv