How to extract contents of inner text of html tag?

Jesse Adam jaahush at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 13:36:14 EDT 2014

I don't have BeautifulSoup installed so I am unable to tell whether

a) for line in all_kbd:
processes one line at a time as given in the input, or do you get the clean
text in single lines in a list as shown in the example in the doc
http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/bs4/doc/#searching-the-tree

b) for inside_line in line:
  Does this process one token at a time?

In any case, it looks like the reason you got "None" in the output is
because you assume that every single line contains <code> and </code> tags.
This may not be case all the time, so, prior to printing extract_code
perhaps you could check whether that is None.