Python 3.4.1 installer on Mac links Python to old Tcl/Tk

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Thu Jun 26 14:38:23 EDT 2014

Am 26.06.14 14:37, schrieb Christian Gollwitzer:
> Am 26.06.14 12:39, schrieb Peter Tomcsanyi:
>> "Christian Gollwitzer" <auriocus at gmx.de> wrote in message
>> news:lofciv$nq6$1 at dont-email.me...
>>> For PNG image support you can load either the Img package which gives
>>> support for a large variety of images, or the smaller tkpng package.
>>
>> My first Google search for
>> "tkpng" "python"
>> gave no usable results. So I am not sure if and how can I use these Tk
>> extensions from Python...
>
>  On my Mac it came with the OS (I
> think); you'll do Tk.eval("package require Img").

Just checked back with my vanilla VM install of Snow Leopard (10.6),
that the Img package is installed. So doing this package require Img in
case you detect 8.5 should solve your PNG problem on the Mac (you can do
"package require Tk" to get the version number). I haven't checked alpha
channel, though. For the rotated text there is no good solution. Of
course, pushing people to install 8.6 is better:)

	Christian