Python 3.4.1 installer on Mac links Python to old Tcl/Tk

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Wed Jun 25 02:58:40 EDT 2014

Hi Peter,

Am 24.06.14 20:11, schrieb Peter Tomcsanyi:
> I use the Python 3.4.1 installer from
> https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-341/
>
> The Windows installation comes with Tcl/Tk version 8.6 which has some
> new features (compared to 8.5) that are very important to me.

may I ask which features of 8.6 you need in particular? I'm just
curious, because I thought that Python mainly uses the Tk part, and
there has not been much of a difference in Tk between 8.5 and 8.6. In
contrast, the Tcl language itself got massively enhanced (stackless
execution engine, coroutines, core OO system, ...)

	Christian