Format String: Only when value supplied

Tue Jun 24 05:18:39 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have a format string like:

 print "{:10} {:25} = {:6}   ({})".format(mod, name, value, description)

description can be None. In this case I want to print an empty string (which
can be achieved by replacing it with 'description or ""') and I want to omit
the brackets. Is there a way to tell the format string to omit a part if an
input variable is None?

Another question: value can be bool. When I format value with just {} if
prints True or False, when I use {:6} it prints 1 or 0. Is there a way to
get pack to True / False?

Thanks!
Florian