DHCP query script not work.

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Thu Jun 19 09:23:17 EDT 2014

不坏阿峰 wrote:

> i got code recipes from here. and i want to run it on win 7.
> http://code.activestate.com/recipes/577649-dhcp-query/
>
> i have do some modify and use print to check how it is work, but i am
> stucked now.
>
> hope someone can help me. thanks a lot.
>
> i meet this error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "D:/Workspace/TestExcel/Test/test_DHCP.py", line 138, in <module>
>     offer = DHCPOffer(data, discoverPacket.transactionID)
>   File "D:/Workspace/TestExcel/Test/test_DHCP.py", line 82, in __init__
>     self.unpack()
>   File "D:/Workspace/TestExcel/Test/test_DHCP.py", line 95, in unpack
>     dnsNB = int(data[268] / 4)
> TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for /: 'str' and 'int'

The script is written for Python 3, and you seem to be using a Python 2
interpreter. While

dnsNB = int(data[268]/4)

would become

dnsNB = ord(data[268])/4

in Python 2 that's probably not the only change that needs to be made. For
someone not familiar with Python the easiest fix is to install Python 3.4
(you don't need to unistall Python 2) and to run the script as is.