Not Responding When Dealing with Large Data

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Wed Jun 18 15:10:50 EDT 2014

In <00d330e3-fc8a-4b7e-b2bd-f1a48bc335c1 at googlegroups.com> cutey Love <cuteywithlove at gmail.com> writes:

> The problem is my program always goes not responding when the amount of
> lines are a high number.

> I don't care how long the program takes to work, just need it to stop
> crashing?

How long have you tried waiting when the program stops responding? Perhaps
the program just has a lot of work to do.

You might try adding some print statements throughout the program, so it
produces observable output instead of appearing to be unresponsive.

Why do you say the program 'crashes'?  Does it actually crash?

--
John Gordon         Imagine what it must be like for a real medical doctor to
gordon at panix.com    watch 'House', or a real serial killer to watch 'Dexter'.