Create flowcharts from Python

Nagy László Zsolt gandalf at shopzeus.com
Tue Jun 17 11:32:04 EDT 2014

Is there a library for Python that can easily create flowcharts using a
simple API? I have a set of business rules that can be represented by a
flowchart. These rules are stored in a database, and I need to display
them for the end user. It is not a fixed set of rules, the users are
going to change them frequently. I already have a rather difficult GUI
where nodes and links are listed and they can be configured. But the
users want to see this as a  visual flowchart too. It would be the best
to have it automatically arranged; or at least open it an editor so they
can move the nodes and see how they are connected.

Is there such thing for Python?

Thanks,

    Laszlo