http://bugs.python.org/issue19495 timeit enhancement

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu Jun 12 22:14:40 EDT 2014

On 13Jun2014 00:44, Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:
>On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 00:35:43 +0100, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>> The request is for a class within timeit that allows you to test code
>> inside a with block.  It strikes me as being useful but there's only one
>> response on the issue, albeit a positive one.  If others here think this
>> would be a useful addition I'll see if I can take this forward, unless
>> there are any timeit fans lurking who'd like to run with it themselves.
>
>I have a Stopwatch() context manager which I have been using for a long
>time, very successfully. There's an early version here:
>
>http://code.activestate.com/recipes/577896
>
>I'll clean it up and submit it on the bug tracker.

And I have a LogTimer context manager that emits a log message when a with
suite exceeds a threshold.

I'm sure it is far cruder and limited than Steven's; I'm mentioning it in
support of the use case.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

1993 Explorer - Cage? Hell, it's a prison. - Will Hartung vfr750 at netcom.com